Calgary Soto Zen will be hosting a non-residential weekend retreat with Myoshin Kate McCandless and Shinmon Michael Newton, ordained Soto Zen teachers from the Mountain Rain sangha in Vancouver, BC. The retreat is open to practitioners of all experience levels. The retreat schedule includes Zazen-sitting meditation, Kinhin-walking meditation and services. There will also be dharma talks and a one-on-one practice discussion, Dokusan, with each teacher.
The retreat will take place at the FCJ Retreat and Conference Centre at 219-19 Avenue SW, Calgary (Google Maps).
- Friday: 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. (orientation begins at 6:00 P.M.)
- Saturday: 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
A vegetarian dinner will be provided Saturday evening. All other meals are the participant’s own responsibility.
Registration and Cost:
$160 CA plus Dana (monetary gift) for the teachers.
A reduced fee may be paid by those on limited income.
Donations to support participants of limited means to be able to take part in the retreat, are welcome.
Register for the retreat by clicking on the "Register Now!" button at the bottom of this page. Online payments are processed through Stripe.
Registration is also possible in-person at the CSZ zendo (1909-17th Avenue SW) during practice hours. In-person payments can be made by cheque or in cash.
- This is a non-residential retreat. You are responsible for making your own arrangements if you require overnight accommodations.
- Contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns